2012 VICTORIAN FURNISHING TRAINING INDUSTRY AWARDSFebruary 5, 2020
ANNUAL WAGE REVIEW 2012 – MINIMUM WAGE INCREASE
On Friday 1 June 2012, Fair Work Australia handed down its decision increasing Award rates of pay. (This is the first increase in the Award rates of pay since 1 July 2011).
- Adult rates of pay for each Award classification are to be increased by 2.9% per week. This equates to an increase of $19.90 per week for the Award Tradesperson classification rate of pay from $686.20 to $706.10, ($0.52 cents per hour). Lesser proportional increases are applicable for non trades classifications.
- Junior and apprentice rates of pay will increase proportionately.
- The minimum weekly adult rate of pay has been increased by $17.10 to $606.40 per week.
The pay increase is operative FROM THE FIRST PAY PERIOD TO COMMENCE ON OR AFTER 1 JULY 2012.
- These increases are absorbable against over award payments and rates of pay increases provided for in Enterprise Agreements, Collective Agreements, ITEA’s and AWA’s.
- HOWEVER, ALL EMPLOYEES MUST BE PAID AT LEAST THE NEW AWARD RATES OF PAY FOR THEIR CLASSIFICATION.
- Copies of Award Rates of Pay schedules were forwarded to Members on 25/6/2012.
- Previously, Fair Work Australia had determined that the Award Casual loadings are to be set at 25% for all Awards. Where Awards are currently providing for 22%, the Casual Loading will be increased to 23% from the first pay period on or after 1 July 2010 and will increase to 25 % by 2014.
- Award allowances, (e.g. Leading Hand, meal and first aid) will also be increased.
- The minimum weekly rate of pay for Adult apprentices has been increased to $606.40 per week.
Members requiring further information are invited to contact PFGA Executive Officer, Neil Craven on 0419 500 609