Newsletter – May 2022May 27, 2022
New PFGA Member BenefitAugust 31, 2022
WORKPLACE RELATIONS NEWSLETTER
ANNUAL WAGE REVIEW 2022
AWARD RATES OF PAY INCREASED BY $40 OR 4.6%
On Wednesday 15 June 2022, the Fair Work Commission handed down its decision increasing Award Rates of Pay.
- Adult rates of pay for each Award classification are to be increased by $40 per week for Award rates of pay below $869.60 per week. For Award rates of pay above $869.60 per week, the Award rates of pay will be increased by 4.6%.
- Junior and apprentices’ rates of pay will increase proportionately.
- The minimum weekly adult rate of pay has been increased by $40 per week to $812.60 per week, or $21.38 per hour.
- These increases are absorbable against over award payments in employee’s Contracts of Employment and rates of pay provided for in Enterprise Agreements.
- HOWEVER, ALL EMPLOYEES MUST BE PAID AT LEAST THE NEW AWARD RATES OF PAY FOR THEIR CLASSIFICATION.
- Award allowances, (e.g. Leading, Hand, Meal Allowance, First Aid, etc.) will also be increased.
Operative Date of the $40 increase or 4.6% in Award rates of pay.
The new Award rates of pay and increases will be operative from the beginning of the first pay period to commence on or after 1 July 2022.
Copies of the new Award Rates of Pay schedules for Awards will be forwarded to PFGA Members in the next two weeks.
Members requiring further information are invited to contact Executive Officer, Neil Craven, by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or on 04129 500 609.